Friday, September 30, 2011

Stuff I Won't Get To Do

I jotted down a short list of stuff I won't get to do while I'm in Afghanistan, mostly as a way to remind myself to enjoy doing them now. Alongside the obvious "spend time with my family" type stuff, the list includes:

  • Eat Pork
  • Drink beer
  • Drive a car
  • Skip a day of shaving
  • Wear civilian clothes
  • Sleep in / take a day off
  • Cook a meal
  • Wash the dishes (see, there's some benefit to being over there).

On the other hand,there are some new things I WILL get to do over there that I haven't ever done before. That list includes:

  • Ride in a helicopter
  • Carry a gun
  • Help lead an international team
  • Eat new foods
  • Drink lots of tea
  • Learn some Dari phrases

1 comment:

Susan Hurd said...

Best blog name ever AfghanDanistan! I'm glad you'll be able to keep in touch this way. I'll look forward to hearing all about your AfghanDanadventures.