Monday, February 20, 2012

In The Dark

Because I'm generally the first one up in the morning - and because I'm a nice guy - I get dressed in the dark pretty much every day.

Well, not completely in the dark. I've got a pretty good flashlight, so that's awesome, but I don't turn the big overhead light on.

That's not as bad as it might sound. I mean it's not like I have to make sure my outfit matches, since it's the same outfit every day (sigh). But one of the things I've done to make my unilluminated mornings a little easier is roll up these little packages of tshirt, socks & boxers and stacked the rolls in my little cubby.

That way, I don't have to fish around in the dark and make sure I've got all my necessaries. Just grab one roll and I'm good to go. And yeah, that's my pistol next to the rolls (sigh again). I'm quite used to wearing it now, a mixed blessing for sure, but I promise, I won't miss carrying that thing around when I'm back in the states.

Just one more peek into the ordinary doings of life over here.

No comments: