Wednesday, November 23, 2011

In The Wild Blue Yonder

My trip across the Atlantic was pretty uneventful - and actually one of the smoothest flights I've ever had. If only all my luggage had joined me (more on that later)

I was in a very cozy middle seat in the front section (emphasis on cozy - the dude next to me had no sense of personal space). Although I had precious little room side-to-side, I had plenty of overhead space. The section of the plane I was in came equipped with the much-coveted cathedral ceilings. None of those pesky "storage bins" overhead, because really, who wants to put a backpack up there anyway, right?

The lack of overhead storage meant I had a great view of the technicolor movies they showed. Technicolor is the term for when Capt Jack Sparrow's skin is green and the sky is fuschia, right?

Remember airline food? Turns out it’s not gone after all, although it's been years since I've had any. As I discovered, they still feed airplane food to the troops on these transatlantic flights. I think the intention is to make us appreciate our MRE's.

Actually, it wasn't terrible, and they fed us constantly - my watch said 1230 at night when they brought breakfast, but I ate it anyway, you bet.

But things got interesting when we got onto the C-130. That's the next story...

No comments: