Saturday, December 24, 2011

DFAC Christmas: Let Me Eat Cake

The Dining Facility (DFAC) really does a good job of taking care of us, no matter how much people may complain or get tired of eating chicken. Personally, I  miss english muffins and bagels, but aside from a few omissions like that, the food's been quite tasty and the variety has been admirable.

Naturally, the DFAC is decorated for the season, with festive stuff hanging from the ceiling. There are also several Christmas trees with blinking lights and a big blinking Frosty The Snowman hanging out near the condiments.

Curious what they're going to feed us on Christmas day? Well, check out the menu they posted on the wall about two weeks ago. You may have to click on the image to make it bigger, but it looks like quite a spread for lunch AND for dinner.


I mean seriously - roasted goose? I don't think I've ever had goose before, so you bet I'm going to try some tomorrow.

And interestingly, there's a distinct lack of cheese in our diet out here. Some dishes have a cheese sauce, but generally there's not a lot of cheese most days. I don't know what that's about. Imagine how excited I am to see the Cheese Board and Crackers on the menu. Om nom nom.

AND... there's going to be cake. Remember how I mentioned I miss bagels and english muffins? Well I miss cake even more. They do have some cool desserts most days (tho I tend to skip them), but they never have cake. So yeah, I'm totally having cake. And probably a brownie. Om nom nom indeed.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

That is one impressive holiday menu! Looks like the various nationalites served there were thoughtfully taken into account. Enjoy all those choices, wow! (and I hope the cake is chocolate;)

Mark said...

Om nom nom indeed!
Enjoy!